When looking for the right toilet seat for your bathroom, there are definitely more things to consider than the aesthetics. Contrary to belief, size matters. Functionality, among other things, are also important. The tips below are beneficial to choosing the right toilet for your bathroom space.
Small bathrooms certainly are not a thing of the past as much as we’d like them to be! Though bathroom sizes have grown over the past few years, small bathrooms are still haunting some of us, especially when the limited space you have isn’t being utilized properly. That is why we want to help show you how you can take advantage of the space you do have in a tiny bathroom! The smallest change to your bathroom could make your space so much easier to work with and we’re hoping a few of these examples will make a world of difference for you!
As you build your new home, there are so many decisions you need to make. Location, style, materials…etc. But have you thought of ways you can save money as well as your environment? Adding Green elements can benefit you and your future in so many ways. You can add green materials and products that will help you gain in lower energy costs, and make the house more viable when it’s time to sell in the future if you wish. Continue reading →
You have a bathroom that you just love and adore. However, you feel it is time for a facelift or in construction design terms, remodeling. Remodeling your bathroom is the process of taking your current restroom, water closet, lavatory, or whatever word you prefer to call it, and giving it a make-over. A make-over can consist of rebuilding or redesigning your vanity and or mirror, installing a better or more water-efficient toilet, or even transforming your shower-in-bath, to just a seven-person spa tub, or a two-person rain shower room. Wouldn’t we all love to do that? Continue reading →
Half bathrooms can be a challenge for any homeowner, how to add style and organization along with functionality! Powder rooms typically will serve not only your family but also any guests that arrive to your home. With a few simple tips and ideas you can take your powder room from boring to amazing!
A small space DEMANDS organization in order for it to function as the space it needs to be. Organization comes in many forms, but in the powder room one of the most under-utilized space is above the toilet. Use the vertical space for storage and you will be able to maintain organization in a small area. There are large variety of bathroom accessories such as towel racks, towel bars and rings, towel shelves and racks and even robe hooks that can make organization and functionality work in a powder room. Continue reading →
Earth Day has been celebrated since 1970 and has grown in popularity from an environmental movement that only hippies cared about to a global movement to save and clean up the Earth. Trees are planted, parks cleaned up, green is made “cool” for one specific day. Citizens of the world give up time and energy to help make the Earth a little more beautiful.
With a few easy steps and updates, you can turn your old and outdated bathroom into a new and environmentally green one. There are many ideas and products you can add to your bathroom to make it an Eco-Friendly part of your home. In return, you will dramatically reduce water, reduce the chance of mold and mildew, and do your part in preserving our environment. Continue reading →
Dissatisfied with not having adequate storage in your small bathroom? Not happy with the dark lighting? Or just tired of feeling claustrophobic? Then it is time to create a functional and delightful bath even if it is small.
Creating an illusion that your bathroom is bigger starts with factors such as bathroom fixtures, colors, lighting, storage and accessories. You can make a splash with a few minor alterations.
Bathroom fixtures: One way to give your small bathroom room is to go with a wall-mounted washbasin with a wooden shelf underneath to hold supplies, and a towel bar. Or a petite vanity style sinks with a single drawer and a place where you can have baskets underneath to hold bathroom content. Even wall mounted toilets, can give you the extra space needed in your tiny bathroom. These compact commode tanks is hidden inside the 2×6 stud wall, allowing for 9 inches of extra space in the center of the room. Or get space in a small square bath by positioning the vanity sink in a corner. Continue reading →
Part 1 of our post was all about installing your new toilet. This post is all about maintaining the pristine look of your brand new throne.
HOW TO CLEAN THE TOILET
- First put on clean gloves. Wipe down the toilet with a damp sponge. Then moisten a sponge with hot water and wipe around the tank, lid, seat, base, and the exterior of the bowl. This removes excess dirt and helps disperse the cleaning product.
- Squirt a liquid (cream) toilet cleaner inside the bowl., starting at the rim and making sure to get the area under the lip of the bowl. Read the manufacturer’s instructions first for specific directions. Many cleaners work best if you allow them to soak on the bowl for a while.
- Scrub the bowl with a toilet brush. Brush the entire bowl thoroughly, paying special attention to mineral stains that may accumulate along the water level and at the back of the bowl. The more thoroughly you scrub the bowl, the cleaner it will get.
- Flush the toilet. Flushing rinses the bowl and the brush. Continue to scrub as the water drains from the toilet. Repeat several times to thoroughly rinse the bowl and brush.
- Spray the rest of the toilet with a disinfectant cleaner. Follow the manufacturer’s directions. Make sure to get both the top and bottom of the seat, and spray the entire exterior of the toilet. Use a cloth or paper towel to work in, and wipe away, the cleaner.
- Clean the handle thoroughly. Be sure to get the handle with the disinfectant spray. The handle is the primary avenue for the spread of germs, so clean it well.
- Put on clean gloves and rinse off the items that were on or around the toilet. Replace items that were on or around the toilet. Wipe them dry with a paper towel and put them back in their places.
That was easy! Until next Thursday when we give you another toilet how-to!
Toilets, bidets, urinals, handles, levers and more. Plumbtile.com carries the fullest array of toilets, bidets and accessories for both
home and commerical needs.
Our Bath and Home Improvement Showroom features toilet and bidet products from brand name manufacturers, Cifial, Danze, Duravit, Hastings, Herbeau, Kohler, Lacava, Porcher, Sterling, Sunrise and Toto.
With exceptional service, free shipping and guaranteed price matching, Plumbtile.com can make your home improvement or commercial building experience simpler and far less expensive. From the home renovation project to the commercial construction industry, no order is too small or too large.
Please feel free to call our sales
associates at any time or browse through the brands listed below: