Like many families, you want the best for your environment and for your home. You probably also have a bathroom that you would love to remodel and give it a new look as well, as be more functional. So why not make your bathroom not only look better, but also be eco-friendly? Fortunately, the evolution of the eco-friendly movement has given rise to many eco-responsible products and resources that allow you to create the water-conserving, healthy, energy-wise bathroom you have always wanted.
Here are some eco-friendly home remodeling tips to transform your bathroom green:
- Install an aerators on the faucets and showerheads. This will lessen the amount of water consumed. A low-flow showerhead can reduce water consumption by 30%.
- Incorporating a low-flow toilet will use a lesser amount of water.
- Trading a tanked water heater with a tankless model will diminish the amount of energy consumed and the cost to heat water. A tankless water heater will heat only what is needed. Plus, it doesn’t require a pilot light, so it produces less carbon dioxide and increases indoor air quality.
- Compact fluorescent bulbs use less energy than incandescent bulbs and last much longer.
- When remodeling, look for paint with a low volatile organic compounds (VOC) label because they are less toxic.
- Also choosing all-natural materials can help transform your bathroom to a more eco-friendly one. Choose materials like organic cotton for bath linens. Replace your shower curtain from the PVC types that are made with plastic to a heavy cotton duck curtain.
- Also using recycled building materials when remodeling your bathroom. Recycled tiles and wood can beautify your bathroom just as well.
If you want to make sure your bathroom remodeling project is as green as possible, use these simple tips to save energy, conserve resources, and be easy on your budget. Also stop by Plumtible.com to see the list of eco-friendly items we have to help your bathroom go green.