Looking to remodel your bathroom this year?
- Remodel the bathroom, not the plumbing – Work with the design of your current bathroom. Moving the plumbing gets into hours of labor and high costs. It can also cause damage and leaks.
- Keep the window open – Good ventilation during demolition is very important. Wear a mask, keep the window open and even put a fan in the window blowing the dusty air to the outside if possible.
- Same Color Fixtures – Keep the sink, tub and toilet all the same color. The uniformed look will help you to decorate around it. Also keep the handles, towel rack and faucets all the same finish.
- Painting – Use High Gloss or Semi Gloss, acrylic, water based paint. Do not use Flat or Satin finish. Only use Oil Base if you are familiar with applying it because it can be difficult to work with.
- Education – Find a good, licensed contractor. Look at their work, ask for references, etc. If you are going to do the work yourself then take the time to read a book or watch a video. That little bit of education can go a long way in saving you time and money.
Plumbtile is RELAUNCHING the Photo Contest.
WIN $1000.00 worth of products!
Here are the rules:
- Take a photo of your recent project and submit it to us.
- Then get all your friends to “Like” your remodeling photo.
- The photo with the most likes will win $1,000 worth of bath and kitchen products.
For more information visit Plumbtile’s Facebook page.