American ingenuity and European workmanship are the foundation of GRAFF’s design commitment to design innovative, cutting-edge plumbing accessories. GRAFF can even bring color to your bathroom. Read More
Barber Wilson is not your everyday bathroom fixture resource. Based in England, they have been around for over a century and began by having a workshop in a field. From these humble origins, they have expanded and become known worldwide as the provider of some of the best quality bathroom fixtures imaginable. Their designs are architectural and impeccable, appealing to wealthy and aristocratic tastes. Are these fixtures for you? Let’s have a critical look at their designs and discover what they have to offer the customer. Read More
On the average people in the US will take roughly 28,433 showers in their lifetime. Most people chase after the perfect shower like it is our mission, making sure the water pressure is strong enough, the water is not too hot or too cold, and let’s not forget the showerhead. The showerhead is a key part in getting the perfect shower. Read More
Today’s showerheads offer more innovative options for cleaning, comfort, and water conservation than ever before. Installing or changing your showerhead in your shower is one of the most economical ways to create a more pleasant and eco-friendly shower experience. There are two basic types of showerheads: fixed showerheads are attached to the shower arm and mounted permanently to the wall; hand-held showerheads are attached to the wall with flexible tubing, which makes it easier to maneuver the water where you want it. These two types offer a wide variety of configurations with many different adjustable settings or spray patterns available.
When choosing the showerhead to fit your needs, keep in mind the following information:
- Traditional showerheads are fixed and the most affordable option available.
- Dual showerheads are fixed and offer wider water flow to cover a larger area, at multiple angles.
- Body spas and body mists are fixed strips of jets or misters that create soothing, massaging sprays with full body coverage.
- Overhead showerheads or rain showerheads are fixed and allow for a cascade of water to flow down from above to create a light, even distribution of the water.
- Slide bar showerheads are fixed and provide for a moveable mount of a vertical bar that can be moved up or down to adjust to the right height for the person in the shower.
- Handheld showerheads offer a wide variety of features and water flow options as well as provide the user to direct the water where it’s most needed or to concentrate the water in a specific area.
- Spray patterns determine the direction, range, and volume of water coming from the showerhead. There are wide varieties to choose from including full body sprays, massaging pulse sprays, power sprays, mist sprays, drenching rain sprays, and combination sprays.
- The material and finish of your showerhead will enhance the overall look of your shower and can be made to match the other fixtures in your bathroom. Chrome, nickel, solid color, brass, bronze, stainless steel, and mixed colors are available and provide polished, brushed, matt, satin, high gloss finishes or looks and can determine the durability, economical, and easy to clean materials.
- Water pressure and flow of the showerhead should be considered. Look for low-pressure showerheads as an option since they use less water but still offer a full shower experience without sacrificing the water pressure. Many showerheads allow you to adjust the nozzle for a stronger flow when necessary.
Regardless of what you decide on, make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle so you can enjoy your shower again!
The architect Oki Sato is the man behind the playful, humorous designs from the Japanese design studio Nendo. “My designs are always sleek and minimalist – but never cold,” explains the Canadian-born architect. “I always start with the stories behind the object.” This then leads to moments of awe – as Nendo likes to play with the boundaries and loves those little moments of initial surprise. At the same time, the products should be intuitively understandable. Read More
Are you taking time this season to spruce up your home? One way to do easily to this is by installing new kitchen fixtures in your home. Plumbtile can help you in your search for the perfect faucet, or fitting you have been searching for. Take a look at these amazing options from Dornbracht fixtures. They will blow you away. Read More
At the end of a long, stressful day, there is nothing better than to soak in the shower under a stream of warm water. By updating the shower head you can make your bathroom the special retreat you deserve. There are many options available for you to create a unique look and feel for your bathroom retreat. With multiple shower choices, fixtures of all types and even special features for physical limitations, updating your bathroom is not as difficult as you might think. Here are the many choices of shower heads to consider:
2014 is no longer in the future, the time is now. So why not now create a modern bath with todays trend’s? The three big shower and bath trends of 2014 are Minimalist-Cosmopolitan, Traditional, and Digital.
For those who like a simple, smart, city sleek style and cutting edge spaces, your sharp eye will be attracted to the pristine decor style of Cosmopolitan. First you will want to focus on the newest trend of shower heads. The Cosmopolitan style features wide square rain shower heads, high mounted basin spouts, and skates. Read More