Remodeling Ideas to Add Style, Flair, and Function to Your Old Kitchen
Kitchens are the most lived in room in your house and with the right look and feel; it can be a warm, comfortable, stylish, and extremely functional place for everyone to gather. Create the kitchen you love and that you will enjoy spending time in with simple or extravagant remodeling ideas. Here are some remodeling ideas to help you get started.
- Update and open up your kitchen – to give your kitchen a more open feeling, opt for shelves instead of upper cabinets. This will help to make smaller kitchens feel bigger. You can coordinate the shelves to match the countertop to create a cohesive look.
- Upgrade your appliances – choose newer, energy efficient appliances to help the planet.
- Update your hardware – create a kitchen that has personality and style with newer knobs and pulls. These can give your cabinets a face-lift without having to replace the whole cabinet.
- Add a kitchen backsplash – this is an easy and quick way to update your cooking space. A backsplash will create unique and functional designs on your walls.
- Update your countertop – there are varieties of different options available, and each has their own decorative and durable features. Pick one that will fit your needs.
- Paint your walls – touch up the look of your kitchen and turn drab into delightful with a splash of color.
- Keep things quiet – install new hinges and glides to stop the slamming of doors and drawers. This is a simple and cost effective way to update your cabinets if you don’t want to replace them entirely.
- Brighten the room – add lighting to create the tone you want your home to have. You can choose from simple to elegant, and a variety of options will make sure you get the look you love.
- Add shelves – shelving combines function with decorative flair. The openness of shelves helps create an airy feeling and makes your kitchen feel larger.
- Rethink your sink and faucets – with a multitude of options to choose from, including the material of the sink, the number of basins you desire, the type of sink you want, and the faucet design and capabilities, the end result can be anything you desire.
- Don’t forget the floors – with new flooring, you can completely transform a room into a beautiful, comfortable, and welcoming place to be. There are many options to choose from that will be the perfect addition to your kitchen.
Remodeling your kitchen can be something you do yourself or hire out and have done. Keep in mind your budget and before making your choice of each remodel item, take the time to figure out what will work in your lifestyle. Make sure your remodeled kitchen shows off your unique personality and adds another dimension to the home, where your heart is!