Chromotherapy: How Color Can Affect Your Health
We all know that colors can have various effects on or moods and emotions, but did you know that they can also have an effect on your health and well-being? Looking a little deeper than surface psychology, researchers are discovering that different colors change our energy, which in turn connects to our sense of wellness and our overall health.
Chromotherapy, however, is not a new concept. In fact, it has been around for thousands of years. Ancient Greeks first used color and light to treat many disorders and diseases. During the 1950s and 60s, it was discovered that neonatal jaundice could be treated using blue light rather than invasive and dangerous blood transfusions.
Even before Ancient Greece, Ayurvedic medicine based the idea that colors will elicit certain vibration energies within the body, and using different colored lights in different areas of the body will correct energy imbalances – thus promoting overall health. It’s believed that conditions such as anxiety, depression, cramps, stress, migraines, and more can be treated using chromotherapy.
Of course, every color has a different energy or frequency. The wavelength of red is long and its frequency is low, but violet has a high frequency and short wavelength. In Ayurveda, it is believed that each organ in our body has its own frequency, and these correlate to different colors.
Here is a quick overview of the different colors to use for chemotherapy:
- Violet – Serenity, creativity, renewal. Used to help addictions, delusions, and detoxification.
- Blue – Communication, speech, wisdom, peace. Used to relieve speech issues, inflammation, and itching.
- Green – Relaxation, calm, regrowth. Used in treating kidney disease, fever, headaches, hormonal imbalances, high blood pressure, and many other conditions.
- Yellow – Warmth, optimism. Used to strengthen the nerves, improve intellect and logic, and to aid digestion and treat stomach problems.
- Orange – Liberation, relief, energy. Used for improving social interaction, energy, to help depression, and other emotional troubles.
- Red – Warmth, motivation, passion. Used to boost self-awareness and help with energy, senses, treating colds and exhaustion, and more.
Now you can find this ancient healing method growing in popularity all around the world, and it is now found in many spas and hotels. There has been a movement of incorporating music with color therapy for a complete energy re-balance and renewal experience.
However, you can also try out chromotherapy in your own home with the Ametis shower system from Graff. The 6-color LED lighting system effortlessly switches between the full-spectrum of colors you need to create a total energy balance and complete sense of wellness. Bring the healing power of color and light into your home for a fraction of the cost of spa treatments with this unique shower head.