Bathroom Updates that Won’t Break the Bank
You may find yourself wanting to update your bathroom, but the off putting part of updating bathrooms is the cost. Would you be more willing to update that bathroom if you were sure it wouldn’t break the bank? Below are 7 bathroom updates that won’t run you dry, but will change your bathroom’s overall appearance.
- Update your bath cabinet hardware and accessories: the small details say big things about your bathroom style. Changing your knobs and pulls to brushed nickel or bronze can create a new decorative touch. Consider matching the new metal hardware to your faucet, lighting fixtures and door hardware. Also, coordinate your towel bars, hooks and paper holders in the same finish. Finally, give an added safety boost to your tub and shower with decorative grab bars.
- Update you bath faucets, shower heads and hand showers: Updating your faucet with a new low-flow model is a relatively inexpensive way to cut water consumption while adding a refreshed look to your sink area and since it’s one of the most commonly used items, a new faucet is a great way to display your personal style. Showerheads and hand showers add a nice touch to your overall bathroom design while making your showering experience more enjoyable. Replacing a showerhead can be a quick and inexpensive project. Hand showers can be used as a fixed shower or hand-held for a maximum versatility. Drill-less models provide easy installation.
- Update your lighting fixtures: New light fixtures add a touch of illuminating ambiance to your bathroom. Consider using the existing fixtures or adding a few decorative sconces to complement your faucets and hardware. Select new fixtures with LED lights to save energy and lower your utility bills.
- Paint your bathroom walls and trim: Color is the key to any room’s personality. For a look that takes center stage, select a color that complements your vanity, faucet, and hardware. Also, add a fresh coat of paint to brighten up your trim and door entrance. Make sure to select a pain that can stand up to moist conditions.
- Update your bath fan: Bath fans play an important role in removing excess moisture and odors from the bathroom. Newer models are fashionable as well as functional, offering quieter operation and an assortment of decorative features to complement any bath lighting system.
- Update your vanity, vanity tops and cabinets: Replacing an old, outdated vanity can transform your bathroom into an entirely different space. With styles ranging from eclectic to traditional, a new vanity can greatly enhance the storage, functionality and look of any bathroom. Many bath vanities include coordinating vanity tops and matching mirrors. Whether you go with laminate, granite or something in between, a new vanity top can add dramatic new texture, style, and color to your bathroom. Add a coordinating sink or select a vanity top that has a built-in bowl. The variety of styles, materials and finishes make replacing a vanity top the ideal project for any budget. Be sure to update the faucet as you update the vanity top.
- Replace your toilet: Most people think of toilets as purely functional, but today’s models offer a level of performance, efficiency, and style that was not available a decade ago. Choosing an economical, high-efficiency or ultra-low-flow toilet offers substantial water savings without sacrificing performance or aesthetics. A chair height toilet provides added comfort and easy accessibility.