With the housing market up, it was nothing to upgrade your home as your family gets bigger, or your salary increases. But when the housing bubble burst, people started to stay in their home but look for ways to make it work and that usually meant remodeling your kitchen and bathrooms or adding additional rooms. So, which option is truly good for you and your family? Continue reading
The Right Way to Remodeling
One of the most expensive mistakes made when remodeling a home is to remodel to yours or your family needs instead of for resale value. Now you may not even think about selling your home but most of the time when you remodel for your needs you have a lot of wasted space, but when you remodel for resale value you change your way of thinking. You now look at your home with a different eye and see all the space and how to use it, getting the most bang for your buck! Continue reading
When you bought, your house did you think “This is it! The perfect house. Plenty of yard space, lots of room, this is just perfect.” And 10 years later the kitchen or bathroom is too small, everything is outdated and the family has out grown the rooms. Time to look for a new house…or remodel? Continue reading
One of the first things you notice when you walk into a bathroom is the sink. It’s likely the most used fixture in your bathroom is the bathroom sink. Before deciding to remodel or update your bathroom sink, make sure you choose the sink that’s right for you and your lifestyle. There are three details about bathroom sinks that need to be thought about before making your decision: installation, configuration, and material. Continue reading
Remodeling your kitchen can become extremely pricey. If you are replacing cabinets or countertops, or even flooring. We have some great tips you can use to save yourself some money. First you will want to think about your budget and how much you have to spend on materials and labor. Once you have decided what you can spend thing about what you are able to do yourself. Hiring a contractor can create an increase in your budget. Continue reading
It is extremely important to create a kitchen remodeling checklist that takes care of every aspect of the renovation. There is a variety of kitchen models, and before you begin its important to choose your style. You can choose for a more traditional style for your dining area or transform it into a modern-style or a more rustic style that fits your lifestyle. Continue reading
There are many things to consider when remodeling your kitchen. First you will want to consider the size or square footage. You want to keep in mind that every inch of space is important. Especially if you have a smaller kitchen. Of course the size of your kitchen will determine your layout. Continue reading
When you are remodeling your kitchen and bathroom, space and budget can be a challenge. One kitchen dilemma can be that the kitchen is too small. Remodeling can allow for the kitchen to seem large and spacious without causing financial hardship.
Tiny kitchens can feel confining when overhead cabinets are hovering over you in tight spaces. Many individuals cannot reach the higher levels and the feeling is restricting. Ponder shelving and hanging pot racks. This technique will give your kitchen look more “roomy” and not so cluttered. Continue reading
Today’s showerheads offer more innovative options for cleaning, comfort, and water conservation than ever before. Installing or changing your showerhead in your shower is one of the most economical ways to create a more pleasant and eco-friendly shower experience. There are two basic types of showerheads: fixed showerheads are attached to the shower arm and mounted permanently to the wall; hand-held showerheads are attached to the wall with flexible tubing, which makes it easier to maneuver the water where you want it. These two types offer a wide variety of configurations with many different adjustable settings or spray patterns available.
When choosing the showerhead to fit your needs, keep in mind the following information:
- Traditional showerheads are fixed and the most affordable option available.
- Dual showerheads are fixed and offer wider water flow to cover a larger area, at multiple angles.
- Body spas and body mists are fixed strips of jets or misters that create soothing, massaging sprays with full body coverage.
- Overhead showerheads or rain showerheads are fixed and allow for a cascade of water to flow down from above to create a light, even distribution of the water.
- Slide bar showerheads are fixed and provide for a moveable mount of a vertical bar that can be moved up or down to adjust to the right height for the person in the shower.
- Handheld showerheads offer a wide variety of features and water flow options as well as provide the user to direct the water where it’s most needed or to concentrate the water in a specific area.
- Spray patterns determine the direction, range, and volume of water coming from the showerhead. There are wide varieties to choose from including full body sprays, massaging pulse sprays, power sprays, mist sprays, drenching rain sprays, and combination sprays.
- The material and finish of your showerhead will enhance the overall look of your shower and can be made to match the other fixtures in your bathroom. Chrome, nickel, solid color, brass, bronze, stainless steel, and mixed colors are available and provide polished, brushed, matt, satin, high gloss finishes or looks and can determine the durability, economical, and easy to clean materials.
- Water pressure and flow of the showerhead should be considered. Look for low-pressure showerheads as an option since they use less water but still offer a full shower experience without sacrificing the water pressure. Many showerheads allow you to adjust the nozzle for a stronger flow when necessary.
Regardless of what you decide on, make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle so you can enjoy your shower again!
Kitchens are the most lived in room in your house and with the right look and feel; it can be a warm, comfortable, stylish, and extremely functional place for everyone to gather. Create the kitchen you love and that you will enjoy spending time in with simple or extravagant remodeling ideas. Here are some remodeling ideas to help you get started. Continue reading