Ductless HVAC systems (or mini-split systems) are beautifully efficient and provide consistent room comfort. No more walking into a cold kitchen or bathroom because it is in the back of the house and the furnace or ac system isn’t strong enough to push the air. But the decision to install is different for every homeowner.
Kitchens are the center of a house for some people. If the kitchen is small, then it is so hard to enjoy all the perks that come with a kitchen. Clever layouts and storage solutions prove that small kitchens can be functional and fabulous. Below are several ways to design your small kitchen to make it suddenly seem like it isn’t so small after all.
At the end of the day, where do you go to unwind? A spa-like bathroom can be the remedy for a stressful day. Your bathroom is beautiful, so it should smell beautiful too! Mold, mildew and waste can make this a daily challenge. With use and over time, these smells seem to grow stronger. Continue reading
Do you want to upgrade your kitchen without the hassle of remodeling? There are tons of smart gadgets on the market today that will help update your kitchen and will make cooking and clean-up so much easier.
Drop: A Wi-FI equipped food scale, Drop works with a recipe app to make baking simpler. If you’re short on an ingredient, it can adjust measurements, offer substitutions and give you screen-by-screen illustrated instructions as you cook.
Hiku: The ultimate fridge magnet, this smart device creates your grocery lists. Just use it to scan barcodes, or speak into it for things that don’t have them. It will add the items to an app that is always ready for when you are heading to the grocery store.
DaysAgo: This is perfect for those of us who never remember how long ago we made those leftovers. DaysAgo is a digital tracker with a suction cup. You can attach it to an item when you first open it, start the timer, and it will record how many days have passed. Simple and helpful.
Crock-Pot Smart Slow Cooker With WeMo: Do you ever experience those unexpected late nights at work and then your food overcooks in the crock-pot? Fret no more! Set this Crock-Pot in the morning, then check the temperature throughout the day on your phone. You can even turn it off from your desk. This will ensure that your dinner will be ready as soon as you are.
Range Thermometer: Do you struggle with using a regular meat thermometer? The Range aims to make roasting less intimidating. All you have to do is insert the Range into the deepest part of your cut of meat, set the ideal doneness temperature and its app will notify you when dinner is cooked to perfection.
Taylor Digital Measuring Cup: When baking, precision is critical. The Taylor Digital Measuring Cub goes by weight instead of volume. It can even automatically convert from ounces to grams, so you won’t even need to spend time trying to figure out how many ounces are in a gram.
CinniBird: Are you one of those people who love drawings or writings in your latte? If so then the CinniBird is the perfect way to go. You will be able to jazz up your drink with the “spice pen,” that lets you write, cake frosting-style, using a thin line of ground spices.
Choosing the right bathroom mirror for your home is important to your choice of style and necessity. These mirrors are always bigger than most other mirrors found in any home. It might also have to double up as storage space in some cases. The first thing that should be done during the process of mirror shopping is to measure the space it will be displayed in. You will then want to consider other add-ons needed to make the room complete. Continue reading
When picking out plumbing fixtures, you should expect the best. Long lasting quality along with elegance and style. In our review today we will being speaking about two companies that always brings out the best products. Phylrich and ROHL products are one of the finest you will see in the kitchen and bathroom industry. Continue reading
Today’s showerheads offer more innovative options for cleaning, comfort, and water conservation than ever before. Installing or changing your showerhead in your shower is one of the most economical ways to create a more pleasant and eco-friendly shower experience. There are two basic types of showerheads: fixed showerheads are attached to the shower arm and mounted permanently to the wall; hand-held showerheads are attached to the wall with flexible tubing, which makes it easier to maneuver the water where you want it. These two types offer a wide variety of configurations with many different adjustable settings or spray patterns available.
When choosing the showerhead to fit your needs, keep in mind the following information:
- Traditional showerheads are fixed and the most affordable option available.
- Dual showerheads are fixed and offer wider water flow to cover a larger area, at multiple angles.
- Body spas and body mists are fixed strips of jets or misters that create soothing, massaging sprays with full body coverage.
- Overhead showerheads or rain showerheads are fixed and allow for a cascade of water to flow down from above to create a light, even distribution of the water.
- Slide bar showerheads are fixed and provide for a moveable mount of a vertical bar that can be moved up or down to adjust to the right height for the person in the shower.
- Handheld showerheads offer a wide variety of features and water flow options as well as provide the user to direct the water where it’s most needed or to concentrate the water in a specific area.
- Spray patterns determine the direction, range, and volume of water coming from the showerhead. There are wide varieties to choose from including full body sprays, massaging pulse sprays, power sprays, mist sprays, drenching rain sprays, and combination sprays.
- The material and finish of your showerhead will enhance the overall look of your shower and can be made to match the other fixtures in your bathroom. Chrome, nickel, solid color, brass, bronze, stainless steel, and mixed colors are available and provide polished, brushed, matt, satin, high gloss finishes or looks and can determine the durability, economical, and easy to clean materials.
- Water pressure and flow of the showerhead should be considered. Look for low-pressure showerheads as an option since they use less water but still offer a full shower experience without sacrificing the water pressure. Many showerheads allow you to adjust the nozzle for a stronger flow when necessary.
Regardless of what you decide on, make sure you choose the best option for your lifestyle so you can enjoy your shower again!
Kitchens are the most lived in room in your house and with the right look and feel; it can be a warm, comfortable, stylish, and extremely functional place for everyone to gather. Create the kitchen you love and that you will enjoy spending time in with simple or extravagant remodeling ideas. Here are some remodeling ideas to help you get started. Continue reading